Introducing the new Gridseed Miner
*update* - Full Review including Video!
We have been lucky enough to recently get our hands onto three new gridseed miners. These present an interesting push forward in scrypt mining technology. These puppies can mine both bitcoin AND litecoin. Gridseeds contain 5 custom designed ASIC chips capable of hashing any SHA-256 currency and also and script currency.
- Each Unit comes with 5 Chips
- Each Gridseed 300+ KH/S Asic Scrypt and sha miner x 5
- The latest 55-nm ASIC supports 3 modes:
- B mode: Bitcoin mining only
- B mode: Bitcoin mining only (can mine any SHA-256 currency)
- L mode: Litecoin mining only (can mine any Script currency @7w)
- -Each GC3355 chip is capable of producing up to the following:
- Scrypt only mode: 70 KH/S (X5 = 350 KH/S)
- SHA only mode: 2.25 GH/S (X5 = 11.25 GH/S)
- Combined Scrypt & SHA mode: 1.6 GH/S SHA & 60 KH/S Scrypt (X5)
I know what your thinking… these numbers are far from impressive given some of the terra-hasing rigs that are available. The thing to remember that sometimes it is not about brute hashing but more about efficiency. Gridseeds are capable of pumping out 70KH/s at a mind blowing 7w. compare that to a multiple of ten for the comparable hash on a current PCI video cards.
So far we like what we see. Reliability and quality seems to be there and overclocking potential is definatly there.
Give us a few and we will give our thorough findings on the Hash Master Gridseed Miner